What's new

Adventures in Babysitting Remake? (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
At least we can hope for a re-release DVD of the original to coincide with it...

If there's a DVD in need of a reissue it's this one. Non-anamorphic widescreen with no extras whatsoever.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
And in today's PC-society, of course we're not going to get fantastic dialog like...

"Don't fuck with the Lords of Hell!"
"DON'T FUCK WITH THE BABYSITTER!"

:frowning:

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Well Disney did release the PG-13 Pirates of the Carribean. I doubt we'll hear f-bombs in the remake.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

Thats the only benefit I can think of at the moment. I mean can the events of the original movie even take place in a world like today?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I always thought the show was perfect for a television series. Apparently this lasted for a very short while.

A current one would be fine.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I can't imagine that line NOT getting by in today's social climate...

But "Don't F*CK with the babysitter?" I doubt that...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This takes the cake as the most useless, not to mention needless, remake in history.

The original was great, one of my favorites from the 80's, but it was only 18 years ago and is still accessable to people now, it's not like it's a vintage film that people forget even exsisted!

I don't get it, I suppose it's true what i've heard, Hollywood really is running out of ideas.

My favorite charactor BTW was Anthony Rapp as Darryl Coopersmith, that kid killed me! :laugh: Still a bit ambiguous about whether or not Dawson was actually Thor, his line to Sara about the helmet "I got one of these at home." always left me wondering. Or maybe he was just being nice. :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Man, I used to watch the hell out of that movie when I was a kid. I agree with John...the original isn't too old and still pretty accessible.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I loved this movie as well when I was a kid, and strange as it is my grandmother did as well. We used watch it a lot together. My grandmother's favorite part was when the girl was in the bus station and she didn't have her glasses. I think it's stupid to remake it.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Yea my grandmother is cool. She took me to see Kindergarten Cop and Weekend At Bernie's when I was a kid. A couple years ago she watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and LA Confidential with me, and liked both. You wouldn't think that someone close to 90 would watch any of those. She has told me about going to see Snow White with my grandfather when it first came out and how he laughed out loud at the 7 dwarves singing. I never met him, so it's hard for me to imagine him doing it, but I can tell that they had a fun time seeing it together. She also saw Gone With The Wind with her mother when it first came out, which is her favorite movie now.

One show that she loves is the Simpsons. She even watched the episode of Inside the Actor's Studio with the cast.

Kate*H

Agent
What a horrible idea for a remake. How will they ever get someone as cute a Geroge Newburn to play the love interest? I saw this in the theatre when it first came out, and it made quite an impression on me.
Don't forget:
"Girls like you only come around once in a lifetime...

Or twice in the same night, huh Brad!?"

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Walt Disney Pictures has been doing a few remakes lately.

Freaky Friday
Herbie: Fully Loaded
Around the World in 80 Days

And I'm sure there are some I haven't mentioned. Freaky Friday worked but Around the World in 80s Days did not. We'll have to see how Herbie does.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
To be fair, Around the World in 80 days wasn't really Disney. Waldenmedia (the company behind the upcoming Narnia film) was who financed the majority of the film, I belive. Disney was just the distributor.

Brendon

Second Unit
Adventures in Baby Sitting without Elizabeth Shue ?
Pet Semetary without Fred Gwynne and the Ramones on the soundtrack ?

Help, someone's ruining my youth!

Brendon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks