What's new

Advanced Anime Discussion Part IV (1 Viewer)

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Eric:

Good choice! Escaflowne is definitely an excellent series.

Tony:

I just went over and checked the Novice Anime Thread, since it had been a while. Good job on maintaining the lists!

John.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Good job on maintaining the lists!
Thanks! I appreciate you comments. I try as hard as I can to maintain this list. In fact, according to Microsoft Word, the list is 37,899 characters if you count spaces. I keep a backup of the list in Word every time I update it. Sure, I may be overly cautious about the list, but I don't want to key 37,899 characters again. ;)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
[Richard Nixon voice a la The Simpsons]
I too, would like to express my fondness for the list
[/Richard Nixon voice a la The Simpsons]

Eric F

Screenwriter
Someone on ebay was selling a 0009 a few weeks ago.

I really like the action figure- I wasn't expecting it to be that detailed. He's got a really big sword too.:D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
To get the full effect, try and find the white Escaflowne action figure that Bandai put out a few years ago... it looks REAL nice sitting next to the black Escaflowne (same figure) :D

I found it at a toy con (FX Show) for $4 :D

By the way, I have been looking over my con schedule for the next year... if any of you guys are going to Otakon X (Baltimore MD, August 8-10 2003), FX Show 2004 (Orlando FL, January 10-11 2004), or MegaCon 2004 (Orlando FL, March 5-7 2004). I won't be going to Anime Fest Orlando is too damn early this year and I will be out-of-state. Anyways... if you are going be sure to send me an email so we can meet up. I still don't know how I am going to fit 4 people in my 10x12 dorm room for MegaCon ;)

I mean... who doesn't want to meet me and my weird posse of comic book/anime friends? ;)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The box is a little damgaged from shelf wear-bottom is bent in, and the corner is torn. Figures.
Well, if you want to get a replacement for it, The Right Stuf has had just the boxes in stock for a while. In fact, they've been trying to get rid of them. Not numbered, tho.

Jason

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
I don't really believe you. Still that doesn't stop me wanting to go, now if only I didn't live in the UK. Bah. :frowning:

Michael Morris

Stunt Coordinator
Finally climbs aboard... thats quite a long swim. Well I finished watching disc one of Please Teacher. I must say I love it. The characters, the animation, everything is amazing. I was hoping for maybe 5 episodes on the first disc but alas bandai was not cooperating. I do have one question, would anyone want to post a small hint as to the ending for someone as impatient as me? On a final note I am in love with Ms Kazami. Unfortunately she is not real. :frowning:

I was also wondering what people thought of Geneshaft and Infinite Ryvius? Are either good series?

Rob, this is a bit early but what are your plans for next thanksgiving? Do you go home or will you be staying in Orlando. I will probably be coming down to spend the holiday with my friends and was just wondering what you were doing if you have any idea.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Up to disc 4 of Escaflowne now. I must say I'm impressed- It started off kind of slow, and I thought it was a bit juvenille, but now it's really moving along nicely. The transfer is excellent, right up there with Bebop as being one of the best I've seen.

If anyone's interested, circuitcity.com is part of MSN Dollars 20% rebate (up to $100 total), and they carry a fair amount of anime- some priced quite fairly, even better with 20% back. I'll be picking up Animatrix ($15.99), Noir 3&4 ($19.99) and few others.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, but on Thanksgiving I will be in either Fort Lauderdale (where my parents live) or Naples (where the rest live)... but other than that and the month of December (Christmas break), I will be in Orlando from September till April.

Michael Morris

Stunt Coordinator
Well I will work out a weekend that works for both of us and drive down and see whats up in Orlando. I want to be amazed by the Lutter Collection. There is lots of time though so I'll let you know.

And to reaffirm an early statement, I love Ms Kazami.

Laff :laugh:

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Does the Cowboy Bebop movie have any spoilers for those who have not watched the TV series? While I've seen the TV series (own it on DVD), a friend of mine who is thinking about watching the TV series would like to know...

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I want to be amazed by the Lutter Collection.
You won't be too too amazed... I keep all my boxes and such at my parent's house in Fort Lauderdale. With almost 350 DVDs, I have no room for all of them in my 8 x 12 dorm room. I have around 100 at any-given-time. I will have my 6 consoles hooked-up in there though ;)

Be sure to come on a saturday and I can take you to either Anime Sushi or JACO (depending on the weekend). They are both a bunch of fun for an otaku ;) I also know some KILLER sushi restaurants in the area.

Michael, you should SERIOUSLY come to a day of MegaCon next year... it's AWESOME. Meet some celebs, go to a few panels, they have a HUGE dealer room (same size as Otakon), cosplay/AMV contests and also include comics in the mix if you are into that stuff. I am full in my little dorm though (I think I am having 3 or 4 other otaku sleeping in my tiny room, LOL! :) )

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and, as I have a single-room this year... I should be (unlike last year) devoid of weird roommates ;)

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
Quick question..

I am having a bit of difficulty sourcing Cowboy Bebop 3-6 from the usual suspects. No bugger seems to have it in.

Fortunately (?) dv-depot (where I buy most of my US stuff) droppped parts 4&5 in my flexicart and rather than risk losing them to the masses I purchased them right away.

Will watching these discs out of order with those on #3 make a great deal of difference to my enjoyment of the series?

Can I safely watch them without ruining things for myself or should I wait until the remainder arrive and stare at the boxes whilst my resolve is gnawed away, engulfed with desire for immediate gratification?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks