What's new

Advanced Anime Discussion Part III (1 Viewer)

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Kong, Rob:
What do you mean by 'edge enhancement'? I know people talk this on the forum, but what would one look for? Educate me :).
John.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Re: HAHC - ugh...
I have the box set preordered, so won't be seeing this for a LONG time.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
December of 2003? My CDNOW order page lists December 2025! At least that's a street date RightStuf shouldn't miss... :D
Finally got in the last Princess Nine disc, Burn Up Excess, Dai Guard (this one's pretty fun so far) and about 1000 Sailor Moon episodes to review.

Bill Harris

Stunt Coordinator
The first quarter seems to be shaping up to be an expensive one for anime fans. Noir , .hack and Chobits for me , limited edition style :).
Still making my way through Witch Hunter Robin. I think its pretty amazing. Very Bebop'ish.
Amazon.co.jp shipped my Saikano R2 box yesterday , so ill be able to report on that hopefully next week.
Anybody going to do a top 10 anime discs or series of the year?

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Wow it's quiet...maybe everyone is sleeping off their turkey day tryptophans :). I finished up watching volume 1 of Magical Project S. I was laughing most of the time. I'll definitely have to pick up the second volume.
John.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
John,
I'm trying to hold off until after Xmas my ordering of the R3 Hellsing set. At the moment, I'm working my way through Soultaker. So far, I like.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Todd:
I know what you mean...I've had to slow down considerably. I will be picking up the Love Hina Christmas Special tomorrow, so I can finish that series off. Volume four of Betterman comes out on Tuesday, IIRC, but I think I'll have to wait until next week for that one.
John.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I will be picking up the Love Hina Christmas Special tomorrow, so I can finish that series off....
There is also a Spring Special and Love Hina Again (OVA?) which have not been announced. I just got disc 2 (for, what I thought was a very reasonable $22.99 at Best Buy), damn I love this series :D

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Rob:
AFAIK, no one has announced either of those, although it would be nice to get them sooner rather than later. I have seven other series that I'm working on right now, so I'm not in too much of a hurry :).
John.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I am working on two series right now (Love Hina and His/Her Circumstances)... but, next year looks BAD :D
Plus my friend just got me into Berserk... uh oh ;)
Ya know what I really want to know... when is Rizelmine going to come out over here in Region 1? It is out in Region 2, but I am a little iffy about the 2-episodes (46 minutes)... I know R1 would get more. They are already on the second season in Japan, and this show cracks me up. :)

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Hmm, top 10 domestic for this year...hmm, that's a tough one...this is not rated by DVD quality but by story content. (I don't own all the domestic btw...have the R2's instead).
10 Blue Gender
09 Hellsing
08 Metropolis (movie)
07 Love Hina
06 I My Me, Strawberry Egg
05 Excel Saga
04 His and Her Circumstances
03 X
02 Berserk
01 Now and Then, Here and There
Top 10 Japan anime series (new):
10 haibane renmei ("Charcoal Feather Federation")
09 abenobashi mahou shoutengai ("Abenobashi Magical Shopping District")
08 Heatguy J
07 12 Kokuki ("Record of 12 Countries")
06 Witch Hunter Robin
05 Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
04 azumanga daiou
03 Rahxephon
02 hikaru no go ("Hikaru's Go")
01 saishuu heiki kanojo ("She the Ultimate Weapon")
--------------
It's so hard to choose series...so many good ones, so hard to pick faves, but I pick what sticks in my mind right now and these are it.
I would've added in X and Chobits for the Japanese one, but since the former is already domesticated and the latter one in 3 months, I took them out.
I may change these soon.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Todd:
Soultaker was so boring for my friends and I that I think I'm gonna sell off my set on ebay soon. It's stylish and esoteric and very psychedelic, but it's pretty boring and not very interesting later on.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Rob:
I just picked up the Love Hina Christmas Movie. According to the calendar inside, the Spring Movie will be out on Tuesday, March 18th 2003. At least I'll have some time to catch up on some of my other series in progress :).
John.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Sweet news about the Spring Movie. :emoji_thumbsup:
Hey, can I watch the Christmas Movie without finishing the rest of the series? (I am only up to disc 2). Using my intuition I have a feeling that this movies isn't gonna be Love Hina's 'End of Evangelion' ;)
I really want to watch it for Christmas.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Rob:

Um, no, finish the series then watch the Christmas special...everything is in order and is not a separate issue.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Kong,
I like your list: Blue Gender, X, Hellsing, Berserk, and Now and Then, Here and There are all fantastic.
Soultaker is definitely different. It isn't quite boring me yet.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Rob:

I would have to agree with Kong. Definitely wait until you've watched the rest of the series. You probably should also watch episode 25 which is on the Christmas Movie disk in the extras.

John.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Todd:

Just be thankful that he stops saying "Lightning Breaker" in the 3rd volume. I was tired of his same old tactics. Pretty drole.

And the ending was so...ho-hum... It could've ended better.

KC

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks