What's new

Advanced ACTION FIGURE Discussion (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Well, I thought of the one thread that HTF really needed... ACTION FIGURE DISCUSSION! There was an ongoing McFarlane thread, but I thought we needed something BROADER.
I just started collecting the Neon Genesis Evangelion series from Kaiyodo... REALLY NICE FIGURES with LOTS OF ARTICULATION. I removed Rei and Asuka from their packaging... but I am still not sure about the Evas.
I am currently collecting:
The Muppets (Palisades)
McFarlane's Movie Maniacs
Movie Maniacs 18" Series
Star Wars: Unleashed
You can see a lot of my figures in my sig, but I still need to add some that are at my parent's house in Fort Lauderdale(mainly the Muppets) :)
Can anyone recommend me a CHEAP and NICE shelf for figures? I am running out of room in my dorm :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I found a nice, cheap ($17.99), and black plastic shelf at Target today... so that problem is solved. Good enough for figures/DVD sets. :emoji_thumbsup:
i really like them because they hide the mounting hardware. it's just a clean protrusion from the wall.
Unfortunately, I couldn't mount shelves (which I would have preferred) because I am in a cheap dorm room... just look at my HT page, the walls are painted, stacked concrete blocks! :D
Any Star Wars fans, check out the new Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Star Wars Unleashed figure. It is AWESOME (see a pic in my sig) :emoji_thumbsup:
Keep the responses coming, I want this thread to say visible ;)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I used to collect Starting Lineup sports figures. I no longer collect sports memorabilia, but I still have everything including the figures. Hopefully they will hold value or even go up in value over the long haul. I've kept all of my Starting Lineup figures in the original packages, which preserves them and makes them more valuable. I'd be interested to see what they are worth in say, 20 years.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Right now, I'm collecting Muppet and Peanuts figures - we had the "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" line up for Halloween and everyone thought it was just about the cutest thing ever. Also any Red Sox figures from MacFarlane's sports series (Nomar, Pedro, and Manny are it so far).

When is wave 2 of the Muppets coming out, though? I love the ones I have (including "Invisible Beaker"!), but I need Animal and his drum set.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Jason, Muppets wave 2 should be here in December... and it is about damn time (wave 1 came in June). :D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
My only action figures are the ones that come with anime series, which so far includes an Escaflowne, Arucard from Hellsing, and an Armitage figurine.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Geez, weren't the Muppet lines supposed to be coming out every two months? At this rate it'll be next June before the Swedish Chef & his kitchen come out!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm collecting the muppets.
Getting wave 2 for x-mas.
I havew my figures on these white roman type shelves found at Target.
The shelevs are too perfect for these figures.
I also want to start collecting the Peanuts.
(hope this isn't too big

Also,
Palasides JUST got the liecense for ALL 6 Muppet films.
So we will now start seeing Muppet Figures for everything.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I just found Muppet series 2 (sans Floyd Pepper, who I still need to find)... the playset is AWESOME (even better than the Muppet Labs playset, you will not BELIEVE the detail! All the figures in this batch are FAR better than the first series. They look GREAT on a shelf together too (I put a pic in my action figure page [in my sig], which I will update when I find Floyd + Vacation Fozzy [who is going on my desk :)])
Highly recommended! :D:emoji_thumbsup:

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
I started collecting (again) all the Star Wars figures and vehicles from 1995 and to date I have managed to get all the figures that are available, be they store/net or country exclusives.
I have also got a few of the McFarlane figures - mainly the Movie Maniacs and Tortured Souls figures.
Unfortunately all this has to stop now because I'm applying for a mortgage. I need somewhere to put all the stuff I have amassed! ;)
My dvd collecting is going to suffer too... :frowning:

Peter Loan

Second Unit
Are there any information related sites about action figures? When I do a search, all of the search results are retail sites.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think ToyFare is still selling their Vacation Fozzie (www.wizardworld.com); it's a different color than the Recordland(?) one, but still a great toy.
Unfortunately, the only Muppet Series 2 guys I have so far are Vacation Fozzie and the Variant Floyd (navy rather than red jacket)... Still have to pick up the rest. I got my brother Animal & the drum set for Christmas, though... Wow. Even without the insanely detailed playset, Animal is one great toy.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I went to the FX SHOW in Orlando, FL today... a convention that mostly specialized in action figures. Got a bunch of figures, met some industry people from Palisades, McFarlane, and Master Replicas and all in all I was a happy man.
Anyways, the biggest thing I saw was at McFarlane's booth... they had an 18" Predator Movie Maniac prototype that is currently in development for the line this year. This baby was an absolute KNOCKOUT! I wish I had a camera. This year seems to be the year of Aliens and Predators when it comes to movie toys.
Here was my "take" from the event:
1 McFarlane Kaneda w/ Motorcycle boxed set (from 'Akira')
1 McFarlane Tetsuo from 'Akira'
1 Bandai Escaflowne figure set
1 Berserk 'Guts' figure (w/ big ass sword ;) )
1 Hasbro Darth Maul Unleashed figure
1 Palisades Floyd Pepper figure (SURPRISINGLY hard to find... I think these were 1 per box)
On a side note, every other freakin' person had McFarlane's Aliens vs. Predator playset... seems to be outstandingly popular. I got mine the other day at EB and there were only 2 left... they seem to be selling like hotcakes (and it is a KICK ASS set too).
The one thing that kind of pissed me off was that the guy from Master Replicas could not understand why I would want a steel rod instead of a plastic EL tube. He hit it lightly against the table in front of him and said "why would you need it to be any more durable? What kind of fighting are you going to do with it?" My response: "Think: 'Epic Battle'" ;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
1 Palisades Floyd Pepper figure (SURPRISINGLY hard to find... I think these were 1 per box)
I think it's the Navy Coat one that does it - the folks stocking the shelves take them for themselves, since it says "Variant" on it, leaving fewer total Floyds to be found.

Of course, I've got both, but no Crazy Harry yet.

Speaking of variants, I was in Newbury Comics and one of the Peanuts figures they had was a Lucy with a football. And let me just say, a man could go very broke trying to get every variant of those guys, since each figure has something like four color schemes and four facial expressions before getting to those different accessories (Lucy usually has her "Psychiatric Help" booth and a stool).

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
Good to know there are some other members of this forum that also collect action figures. Now I can talk about my love of plastic men and women along with my love of film. Okay, that didn't sound so right...
This morning, I picked up the Marvel Legends Human Torch and the Punching Hulk figure from the line of movie figures. The lines I collect are:
Marvel Legends
DC Direct
Art Asylum's Star Trek (except the Mini-Mates)
Lord of the Rings
Just about anything McFarlane puts his name on (except the SportsPicks since I'm through with pro sports)
the occasional G.I. Joe
Thanks for opening up the thread, Rob. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you guys on this most important of subjects :)
De

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Nice Action Figures Rob. I haven't really liked any of the Unleashed ones yet...at least the ones I've seen-some of their faces look constipated to me. Hey, I'm picky! But I love the Dooku one you have in your sig. I haven't seen it before. None of the Wmarts, Targets, TRUS stores have that one yet I don't think. Very cool looking. Glad you found what you needed at Target. :)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
In reference to Unleashed... they are AMAZINGLY popular and made in VERY small, limited batches. The only place I have seen Dooku is at TRU (they still have a couple of him + Mace... maybe 2 more of each) and at various toy/comic conventions. They sell out EXTREMELY quick. Hell, Darth Vader sold out within the first days of his release and I never found him (now I gotta deal with eBAY). Heck, before yesterday I had never seen a Darth Maul (he is DAMN cool).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks