What's new

Advance Wars-out of print? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'd heard a lot of good things about this title, so I went to try and find it and nobody seemed to have it. I made a few calls, and there's not a copy to be found anywhere, and none of the game stores were expecting to get more in anytime soon. Is this game out of print or something?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Is this game out of print or something?
Nintendo have been consistently conservative with it & Golden Sun with regards to print runs. Both games have been good strong solid sellers, both are frequently hard to find as Nintendo wait for the existing run to be depleted before they run some more.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Ya, don't want a warehouse full of unsold carts (Super Street Fighter 2, E.T.)

One thing with carts also is that it does take some time to do another run. I know back in the cart heyday it was something like 2-3 months. So if they are waiting for the stock to be depleted, there might be a dry spell where you can't find it.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Strange-everyone had Golden Sun. Maybe there's a rerelease of a "greatest hits" version coming?

As a side note, I noticed that Castlevania was nowhere to be found as well.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
That's the point Chris - Golden Sun is /nowhere/ to be seen around where I live. Different distribution/sale patterns around the country etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks