What's new

Adult Swim on Cartoon Network (1 Viewer)

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Did anyone else see "Harvey Birdman" or "SeaLab 2021"?
"Harvey Birdman" is based on the old "Birdman" cartoon from the 60's and is similar to Space Ghost Coast To Coast in using old characters in a new "modern" way.
Harvey Birdman is an attorney and the first episode involved a custody case between Race Bannon and Benton Quest from "Jonny Quest". It was absolutely hysterical!
------------------
"Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!"

350+ Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.
[Edited last by JasenP on September 06, 2001 at 10:18 AM]

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
FYI, the first 'Adult Swim' block is being rerun tonite (Thursday).
I missed it Sunday, but it's in my Tivo tonite.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for telling me about this. I watch Samurai Jack and the Powerpuff Girls and this thread is the first I have heard about Adult Swim. They need to advertise it more.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I told my DirecTiVo to record it but it didn't show up in the program guide on Sunday. But it's there tonight.
------------------
--Wayne Bundrick

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It was truly F***ing hilarious. The Sealab thing was outright dirty. The Birdman thing was hysterical in its protrayal of the relationship of Race Bannon and Dr. Quest (you'll see) and it was the first time I had seen Cowboy Bebop, which was cool. I highly reccommend this.
BTW, they advertise it later in the day/night on CN. It would be hard to see the ads for it if you dont watch CN.

AndrewD

Stunt Coordinator
Since its clearly adult programming (Sealab, for example), they don't want to advertise it during the day where kids may see it or provide a link for it on the website where the majority of visitors are kids. They want to keep Adult Swim as independent from the network as possible with the hopes of possibly creating even more edgy and adult animation and without getting in trouble with parents or the FCC.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
My DirecTiVo recorded only SGCTC on Sunday night but I noticed that the "TV-PG L" remained on the screen for the entire show. (I think the word "Hell" may have been used.) With that, plus the timeslot, plus V-chip (the FCC has already done their part by mandating the V-chip), I'd say parents are being adequately warned and can only blame themselves if their children see Adult Swim.
------------------
--Wayne Bundrick

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
First I would like to thank Boomerang for bringing back the old shows that I enjoy so much from the 60s and 70s and I would like to further thank Adult Swim for taking those characters and just destroying them
wink.gif
. I will never look at Johnny Quest the same again. Using Mightor as the Judge and his final mispronunciation of Birdman's name "booteylicious" was a complete scream. Now Sealab 2021 was just down right dirty. The wetsuit comment and the humping motion before that was like whoa. Finally Braks show is just so well done and damn funny it just going to be hard (in the beginning) to accept the words like ass, damn and hell coming from Cartoon Network. Well done Cartoon Network, I love my share of Power Puff girls and Dexter's Lab, but this extra stuff is really top notch. Don't miss it this Sunday.
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I love Cartoon Network. They are always able to surprise you, and even shows that aren't aimed at adult audiences can be entertaining. The fact that they are now putting on edgy stuff like this is amazing.
One thing that surprised me is that they put in the original opening for Cowboy Bebop. Anime is usually cut to pieces, so this was refreshing.
Overall, Adult Swim is the best thing to come along to late night TV since Dave Letterman. Classic adult TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks