What's new

ADS TECH HD UpConverter (1 Viewer)

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I came across an interesting device that upconverts every kind of signal into HD signal (1080i or 720p). It has three component inputs so you could connect almost all your video sources and upconvert them. I was hoping someone would have a personal experience with this new device. The model is HDUP1500. Any comments?

Hugo

http://www.adstech.com/products/HDUP...p?pid=HDUP1500

John S

Senior HTF Member
egads.. sure looks cool enough....

No pricing? lol I have a very large laserdisc collection, and this thing just may be the ticket.

I'll bet it's expensive!!!

John S

Senior HTF Member
Well on a search, it seems under $500.00

Dang, I'd like to give it a shot, maybe I can ask Santa for one for xmas.

Well I found three reviews on it.
One person thought it was the best thing ever and sounded somewhat knowledgable.
One person thought it was the worst waste ever, more because he had to recalibrate for it, it seemed.
The other person hated it, but seemed amazingly novice and unknowledgable about everything Video and HDTV.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
The ADS unit was announced quite a while ago. Like many folks, I was intrigued at the specs and price. It was initially supposed to retail at around $400. For various reasons, it didn't make it to the market until recently. There are a few user reviews of it over at AVS.

On a side note, I know the HDTV Etc. Magazine was also scheduled to review it. However, they gave it an F rating in their mag, as the demo unit broke while trying to connect a cable to it. Hopefully they will be able to follow up on that initial review soon.

Best regards,
~~Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks