What's new

Ads showing up for Supporters (1 Viewer)

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
There was a problem earlier today that has since been fixed. Try clearing your cache.

I cleared the cache and restarted the browser. I'm still getting some kind of window between the first and second posts of any thread I look at which looks like it's trying to load a video. If I click it, I go to YouTube.
It looks like the ads on the right are gone; it's just this thing trying to load after the first post. It also shows up in Chrome.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I apologize for not being able to pinpoint when this started, but I've got inline ads, and probably others, all the time now on the iPad using Safari. This never was the case before sometime fairly recently.

I'm not totally clear of them on Firefox/Win7 either (in case I'm supposed to be totally clear of them). There's an ad just to the right of this post that's changing two or three times a minute, and a car insurance quote ad up above the recent replies box. (I think the Blue Jeans Cable one there is supposed to be okay?) No inline ads, though, so it's inconsistent across platforms. And just to be accurate about this, should there be an ad in the HTF banner at top, where I'm seeing one for SquareSpace websites?

EDIT: Now the banner ad is for something else, so I think the answer is no.

Last edited:

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I should add, because I'm sure it's related, that the amount of time it takes a page -- any page -- to fully load and quit jumping around before it settles into position -- seems to get increasingly worse. I literally don't dare try clicking on anything, or even reading anything, for a good ten to twenty seconds with each change of page. On the iPad, which I tend to hold fairly close to my eyes, trying to read something before that's over is positively dizzying.

And I'm going to try other browsers to see if one of them can make nicer with HTF than Firefox does, but lately when I'm on the site, my laptop fan starts going crazy and doesn't stop till I've changed websites or closed the tab. This, too, has taken a recent uptick in frequency or severity.

Last edited:

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
On a related note, I'm not showing up as a supporter now, though my credit card was charged a few months ago. I've ended up enabling AdBlock on this site, so I haven't had any issues as far as ads.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Okay, I've just temporarily turned my adblocker back on till this is straightened out -- not because seeing a few ads will offend my delicate sensibilities, but because in so doing, for the first time in (days? weeks?), HTF is behaving like a stable website. Every issue listed above is non-existent.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Guys,

When we moved to this platform some members subscriptions got lost. We are still working on this - @Adam Gregorich is taking the lead. PM him if you run across a problem.

You can disable your adblockers now - as i've fixed the issue for both of you.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Guys,

When we moved to this platform some members subscriptions got lost. We are still working on this - @Adam Gregorich is taking the lead. PM him if you run across a problem.

You can disable your adblockers now - as i've fixed the issue for both of you.

My Supporter tag is back, thank you, but when I disable my adblocker, the ad between the first and second posts comes back. It's just as I reported at the beginning of this thread. The ad I see right now mentions emailaccessonline.com which is reported to be malware/adware.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
My Supporter tag is back, thank you, but when I disable my adblocker, the ad between the first and second posts comes back. It's just as I reported at the beginning of this thread. The ad I see right now mentions emailaccessonline.com which is reported to be malware/adware.

I got yours fixed David. Can you turn off your ad blocker and try again? I will have the rest fixed this week.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Rodney,

I show your upgrade as expired. Could you please email support [at] hometheaterforum.com so we can look into this further? If your paypal account was debited, we just need to verify and refund you the difference.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
To the best of my knowledge I got everyone impacted fixed earlier this month. If you are a premium member and seeing adds please contact us at support 'at' hometheaterforum.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks