Adrenaline Rush when about to explain OAR

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Garrison, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

Do any of you experience this? When I am about to explain OAR, my heartrate starts to rise, I can feel my blood pressure starting to rise. When I was at the video rental store yesterday looking at some DVDs and waiting for customers to leave so I can ask the lady if I can post the OAR vs P&S sign, my heart felt like it was gonna jump outta my chest. And when I tell people I won't get Snow Dogs because it's Pan and Scanned, my heartrate jumps. Guess it's because sometimes, they'll snap at me. I'm wondering if any of you experience the same thing. Kinda wierd.

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

that's totally funny. i suppose i sort of get the same thing.

usually when i try to pitch oar, i think my anxiety is more of fear that they won't understand (or care) about it. i suppose that's why it's called a "passion" since it elicits the same kind of response.

i sometimes get the same way discussing ht with people.

3. Ken Garrison

It also happens when there's gonna be a movie on and I hope to GOD it's letterbox. Then when the damn, dreaded "Formatted to fit the screen" message pops up, I nearly have a heartattack. I get very pissed off, I immediatly hop on the computer and send that network a couple emails.

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I get that same way when my wife asks me something HT related. I think it's because I know this is a rare glimmer of a chance to get her interested in it.

Like the time she made me play the THX intro with and without the subwoofer to see if it sounded different.

"Oh.. it sounds a little deeper" was all I got out of her.

5. Ken Garrison

There are some people who prefer the old MONO TV Speaker over the surround sound. My mom is that way, and my uncle had been staying with us is also that way. So, know what I did? I stuck a Ginsu Knife through the speaker of the TV and wrecked it. So, now we have to listen to the TV the REAL WAY! IN SURROUND!!!! I don't know about you, but the squawkey sound from the speaker or speakers of a TV makes my skin crawl. Most of the time, you can't understand a word they're saying. With a mono TV, the surround sound INFO is completly canceled out. Try watching Roy Orbison Black and White night on a Mono TV. You won't be able to hear the back up singers at all. The back up singers are in the surround channels. And when you put that in MONO, it's canceled out. This would really save money on the cost of TVs if they built them WITHOUT SOUND! I just wanna monitor and a separate sound system.

6. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Dave, the whole problem was you should of had her set on the sub[​IMG]