What's new

Adobe Premiere Pro and Main Concept MPEG exoprter (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Right now I am using Adobe Premiere 6.5 and the Main Concept MPEG exporter v1.3 to make MPEG1 movies for CD-Rom.

I am in the process of upgrading to Adobe Premiere Pro and I just noticed that the Main Concept MPEG exporter is no longer in it's free beta stage. The newest version "1.3.1" is $49 if you own Premiere 6.5

I've read that Premiere Pro exports MPEG 1/2. Does anyone know if you still need the Main Concept exporter to still do this or is it incorporated into the program?

I just went through a long meeting with my supervisor about upgrading a bunch of software so this extra $49 (which I would need to buy for a few workstations) is kind of a big issue. If I am to buy the $49 exporter, I need to redo my P.O.'s soon, but I don't want to buy it now and find out that I didn't need to when I get Premiere Pro (which I believe comes out near the end of August).

Anyone know?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
From this review, I infer that the situation for Pro is much like 6.5: MPEG support is "in the box", provided by Main Concept, not natively "built in". If the encoder in Pro has 2-pass and 1.3.1 does not, then it would imply that just like Adobe, Main Concept has in some sense abandoned the past and is moving ahead.

//Ken

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
what exactly is adobe premiere pro? i can only find info on premiere 6.5, nowhere is it called pro, is it another product they make?

CJ

edit---ok it is 15 seconds later, and i found info on premiere pro, guess i should look before i post! now, what are the benefits of upgrading to pro?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think it's the new name of Premiere RT. Basically instead of rendering it can do operations in real time on a huge amount of tracks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks