1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Adobe Photoshop and scaling images

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Samonte, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I used to be able to scale up or down an image in 4.0( I think ). I now have 6.0 and I can't get that feature. Anyone know how to do this?

2. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

If by "scaling" you just mean resizing an image, you do so from the "Image Size" menu, which can be found in the "Image" drop-down. If you're trying to change the resolution in order to, say, decrease the file size, use the "Save for Web" option under the "File" drop-down. Hope that helps.

3. Eric Samonte

Thanks for the reply Darren, but what I would like to do is say....cut a face from another pic, superimpose it on another image. With that, I need to "scale" the face in proportion to the body of the second pic..in real time of course. I used to be able to do this in previous Photoshops but can't seem to find it in 6.0.

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I don't have the program in front of me, but here's the basics:

1) Paste the "head" into the other image. It should create a new layer for the item you pasted, if not, undo, create a new layer, and then paste it.

2) Go to Edit>Transform. There should be some sort of size or scale command- if not I think you can use Free Transform.

3) The item you pasted will have little boxes at the corners/edges- allowing you to grab and drag like the edge of a window. You should be able to use the Edit>Transform settings to resize and even skew or rotate or whatever.

-Vince

5. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Edit->Transform->Scale. And hold down shift while you're dragging or else you'll mess up the aspect.

6. Eric Samonte

Thanks guys! Man I gotta start "nitpicking" on this thing again!

Man..what would I do without HTF.....