Adobe Photoshop and scaling images

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Samonte, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I used to be able to scale up or down an image in 4.0( I think ). I now have 6.0 and I can't get that feature. Anyone know how to do this?

2. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

If by "scaling" you just mean resizing an image, you do so from the "Image Size" menu, which can be found in the "Image" drop-down. If you're trying to change the resolution in order to, say, decrease the file size, use the "Save for Web" option under the "File" drop-down. Hope that helps.

3. Eric Samonte

Thanks for the reply Darren, but what I would like to do is say....cut a face from another pic, superimpose it on another image. With that, I need to "scale" the face in proportion to the body of the second pic..in real time of course. I used to be able to do this in previous Photoshops but can't seem to find it in 6.0.

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I don't have the program in front of me, but here's the basics:

1) Paste the "head" into the other image. It should create a new layer for the item you pasted, if not, undo, create a new layer, and then paste it.

2) Go to Edit>Transform. There should be some sort of size or scale command- if not I think you can use Free Transform.

3) The item you pasted will have little boxes at the corners/edges- allowing you to grab and drag like the edge of a window. You should be able to use the Edit>Transform settings to resize and even skew or rotate or whatever.

-Vince

5. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Edit->Transform->Scale. And hold down shift while you're dragging or else you'll mess up the aspect.

6. Eric Samonte

Thanks guys! Man I gotta start "nitpicking" on this thing again!

Man..what would I do without HTF.....