What's new

adobe acrobat: need help (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i never use acrobat (ocassionally i use reader like everybody else), so i need some help:

i have a pdf file that contains fonts that aren't on my system. i need to use this file though. obviously as soon as i open it in Illustrator, the fonts get substituted. when i open it in acrobat, it looks right. is there anyways i can use acrobat to convert the fonts into objects?

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I use Acrobat fairly often. I don't believe you can convert an embedded font in Acrobat to an object. Are you using the professional or standard version of Acrobat?

You might want to try opening the Acrobat file up in Photoshop first, converting it to jpeg or eps, then opening it to Illustrator.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i'm using acrobat 6.0 pro...

photoshop needs the fonts too, so i can't open the file using PS :P i'll probably end up doing a screen capture as a last ditch attempt :P

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Not too long ago, we had to create a poster that came as a PDF, with Armenian fonts. Of course, we had no Armenian font. We sent it off to our poster company, who also didn't have the font. They managed to print it out without the font. I was told they flattened it in Photoshop.

I don't remember all the details, but I know they were able to make it work without the font.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks