Adjusting the Denon 2910...help!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jon Accamando, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Jon Accamando

Jon Accamando Auditioning

I just purchased a Denon 2910 and was excited to get connected via DVI to my Samsung DLP HLN507W. Although after setting everything up, I actually think the picture got worse from my older Sony NS900V. Does anyone have this player connected to a DLP and can give me some suggestions on what settings I should have to help maximize the video quality? I was hoping that it was going to blow me away and be glad to have finally said goodbye to my trusted Sony 900 series. PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Hi Jon.

You have to remember that every input on that TV has separate color/brightness/contrast/... settings. I suspect you need to pop in a setup disk like Avia or Digital Video Essentials and run through the tutorials to set the DVI settings.

There are trained people that will come out and do this for you called Calibrationists. Make sure you get one that is ISF certified.

Note: people who did A/B/A/B/... comparisons between good component cables and DVI connections did not find a huge difference in quality. It could also be that your DVD player is providing 480p video. You may not notice much difference between the connection types until you move up to a 720p source.

Hope this helps.