Adjusting New X1?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ScottBRA, Jun 25, 2004.

1. ScottBRA

ScottBRA Extra

Well my project is under way and the first step of getting a prjector is done. I got the x1 and made the modifications that I read on this forum. One thing, I am using 16:9 mode and under the black border I am getting regulkar white light, what do I have wrong?

2. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

X1 has a spill problem. You need to mask off the front and back grills so that the spill light can't touch the screen.

3. ScottBRA

ScottBRA Extra

Can you explain what you mean by mask off?

4. Daman

Daman Second Unit

Scott! Well i too got the new X1 this friday and was amazed by the picture quality, only problem i face is i see rainbows in it but only sometimes.. for adjustment of projector this is a good link - htf - infocus also see the other link on that page which has tons of info about the projector. I set my projector up using the first link and am very pleased with the picture. I am projecting a 90 inch wide image as of now.. though im seeing the rainbows now, will probably test it a few more days before deciding if i want to go in for the 4805 instead.. By Mask off Mark was probably meaning you need to put a black paper or something similar in front of the grills to prevent the light from spilling onto the screen