What's new

Adjusting level of mains on sony DA4ES (1 Viewer)

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
This may be ostensibly obvious, but how about turning the volume knob? Clockwise for louder; counter-clockwise (that's anti-clockwise for you English) for quieter. J/K.

I assume that you mean that you want to raise/lower the level of the mains with respect to all of the other channels. Can't be done. You'll need to adjust the other channels instead.

SvenS

Second Unit
If your trying to balance all 5 (or 6 or 7) speakers and can't get the fronts to match the others you need to do this: start by adjusting the levels of the two front speakers first by using the balance control. Once you have the fronts evenly balanced you then adjust all the other surrounds & center to match the fronts and you will then acheive equal volume on all speakers.

Mark R. Ososkie

Stunt Coordinator
In a SMALL room i have to turn my surrounds all the way up to +10, which is as high as they go, and extremely unnacceptable..

This is..why i want to adjust my mains..

Nothing but problems with this receiver i swear, first the killer hiss, now this, and yesterday one of my component inputs on the receiver crapped out and displays only a greyish-green picture..

I've already had it for a month so I guess i cant take it back...I'm not sure what im going to do..

JackS

Supporting Actor
Mark- If you've only had the receiver a little over a month, try to take it back for a swap. If the dealer refuses to take it back, you need to contact the mfg. and make arraingements to get it fixed. If your already having this many problems with a brand new receiver, I'd really argue for a complete trade for a new one. Wishing you the best, Jack

SvenS

Second Unit
In a SMALL room i have to turn my surrounds all the way up to +10, which is as high as they go, and extremely unnacceptable..
You either have a problem with your receiver or the surrounds are WAY more inefficient then your front mains are which can cause the huge differences in sound level from mains to surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks