Adjusting crossover on my Kenwood HTB-504

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertCharlotte, Mar 7, 2002.

1. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

I looked at some of the other threads on crossover adjustment and found myself getting progressively more confused, so I thought the direct approach would be best.

What should I do about crossover on my HTB-504?

I doubt I've done anything to the little knob on the back of the sub since I set it up. One thing I keep noticing is that the sub will cycle on and off occasionally, mostly when I'm watching TV (I think it automatically turns off after a certain period of not being used).

Oh, and because I seem to be incapable of starting a thread and asking only one question: is it OK to have my sub plugged into one of the switched outlets on the back of my receiver?

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Your sub should have an on/off crossover button. I would just leave the crossover at off. This is what I did when I had my Kenwood HTB and it worked fine.

As for plugging your sub into your receiver, if there is a wall outlet that you can use I would use that instead. But I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Push your crossover button in to disable crossover.You might want to plug your sub in the wall or a strip instead.

4. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

Crossover switch to off, plug not into the receiver. Gotcha.

Just out of curiosity, what do I risk harming by plugging the sub into the receiver?