What's new

Adjusting component color on Panasonic HDTV (1 Viewer)

Tom Hall

Auditioning
How do I adjust the color on the component side of my HDTV? (It's a Panasonic 47" WideScreen). The regular broadcast & S-video side is great (The color set on "20"). When I watch a DVD in Progressive-Scan in Component color, I have to move the color up to about "45" for it to be correct. Any ideas?..Thanks in advance!...Tom

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Some models allow the user to store separate settings for different inputs. Others permit separate calibration of each input through the service menu. I'm not familiar with Panasonic HDTVs, but I'll move this to the Display Devices section and edit the title in the hope that someone who is will notice it.
It would be useful if you could provide the exact model number of your set. These things vary even within a manufacturer's product line.
M.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Tom, welcome to Home Theater Forum. As for your question, are you talking about adjusting the overall chroma levels, or about adjusting the tint? Thanks.

Tom Hall

Auditioning
The actual color level (not tint)..It's great in regular TV mode, or watching DVD in S-video mode..but when using progr. scan..I have to move the setting from 20 to 45 to achieve normal color. (I used the AVIA DVD to adjust the TV. I'm wondering..I did the "Red Push" tweak (seen on another Panasonic Site (Brett's Site)..but I only did exactly what was said..& it look's great (in TV-regular mode)..Thanks for the reply!...Tom

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Tom, there is no way to save different settings for different inputs on this model.

In the sets service mode, you can adjust the color and tint (ect) seperately for 480i and 1080i, but if you do it just right, 480p ends up just about perfect too. The only problem is, you have to pick one particular 480i input type to calibrate as composite, s-video and component will all give you different results. If you calibrate to 480i component, then you'll have to drop color and brightness for s-video. If you calibrate for s-video, you'll still have to make minor adjustment to make 480p just right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks