What's new

Adjusting box dimensions on Adire Alignment (1 Viewer)

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
I'm planning on building the Adire Alignment ported sub, but would like to modify the dimensions slightly by reducing the height and increasing the width/depth. If I kept the basic volume the same (W x D x H) would this create any problems? Something like 24" x 24" x28" Tall (excluding 4" legs) This is purely for aesthetic reasons.

A

Anthony_Gomez

nope. No problem at all.

Just properly account for change in bracing displacement since the brace dimensions will slightly change (actually, the change will likely be insignificant)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
The ability to alter alignment is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

But, I too agree that there will be hardly an audible difference. Even if you forget about port displacement. :b

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
How about the location of the holes in the braces? Adire is very specific in their plans regarding this. What is important for me to consider in this regard with the changes in the dimensions of the braces?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry about the positions of the holes too much. They just lay them out for you to take out the guess work if you build the cabinets to their exact dimensions. As long as you have proper airflow between the braces it doesn't really matter about the position of the holes.

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Brian. I'm such a noob that I'm afraid I'll make a change thinking "oh, that shouldn't matter" only to discover I've totally screwed up the whole thing! :b

Randy Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Ronnie-
I've read several of your posts, and checked out your sub progress, and never noticed you were from Franklin! Your sub looks good, BTW! I envy you your tools!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks