What's new

Adjusting Big Screen TV (1 Viewer)

Jim Guffey

Auditioning
I have a Mits Big Screen 45" . Just changed over to Dish System. Adjusted convergent OK. Just can't get the color, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, tent like I want. Faces seem plain like water colors not sharp. teeth look like color bleed over. This is on a live news show. how is the best way to get this adjusted. Do I reset to standard setup as tv was set the tweek. I don't want to purchase one of those setup cd's. Any suggestion's hot to get best picture.
Thanks
Jim

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
Jim,
If you don't want to buy Video Essentials or Avia, then you could rent one of them.
It's really the only way to calibrate your set properly. You can find these discs online for better prices than you can find them for in the stores..
I figure, if you're gonna spend $$$ on a nice RPTV, then spend the extra 20-30 bucks and get one of these discs. RPTV's do need to be calibrated every so often, so it's a good idea to have one handy. To be honest, I thought Id only use them once, and that would be it. Wrong..
I've used VE and Avia countless times in the last 2 years, and I'm sure glad I got them. They provide the patterns necessary to tweak your color, tint, picture, brightness, and sharpness - Not to mention they also calibrate your speakers :)
I'd condsider them a "must-own" for any HT user.
-Ryan Dinan
------------------
variablehumpy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks