Adjusting Big Screen TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Guffey, Jul 2, 2001.

1. Jim Guffey

Jim Guffey Auditioning

Aug 4, 2000
    I have a Mits Big Screen 45" . Just changed over to Dish System. Adjusted convergent OK. Just can't get the color, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, tent like I want. Faces seem plain like water colors not sharp. teeth look like color bleed over. This is on a live news show. how is the best way to get this adjusted. Do I reset to standard setup as tv was set the tweek. I don't want to purchase one of those setup cd's. Any suggestion's hot to get best picture.
  2. RyanDinan

RyanDinan Stunt Coordinator

Oct 25, 2000
    If you don't want to buy Video Essentials or Avia, then you could rent one of them.
    It's really the only way to calibrate your set properly. You can find these discs online for better prices than you can find them for in the stores..
    I figure, if you're gonna spend $$$ on a nice RPTV, then spend the extra 20-30 bucks and get one of these discs. RPTV's do need to be calibrated every so often, so it's a good idea to have one handy. To be honest, I thought Id only use them once, and that would be it. Wrong..
    I've used VE and Avia countless times in the last 2 years, and I'm sure glad I got them. They provide the patterns necessary to tweak your color, tint, picture, brightness, and sharpness - Not to mention they also calibrate your speakers [​IMG]
    I'd condsider them a "must-own" for any HT user.
    -Ryan Dinan
  3. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Sep 14, 1998
    Steven Simon
    Moved to Tv and Projectors Area....
    Steven R. Simon
    HTF Administrator
    Theater Pics Updated 6-11-2001
    Send Email: [email protected]