What's new

Adjustable Center Speaker Platform Stand? (1 Viewer)

Jon G.

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know of a decent center speaker PLATFORM stand that's adjustable?

My current setup is I have a 6.5 foot armoire that holds my Mits. 46807 on the top shelf (w/ pocket doors) and has 2 lower shelves where my amps/processors/etc. are housed.

Unfortunately, this leaves me with only the top of the 6.5 foot armoire for my Paradigm Ref. Studio CC center speaker (putting the speaker on a stand in front of the armoire is out of the question; read: wife).

I currently have that speaker blue-tacked to 2 rubber door stoppers (the wedges), which is in turn blue-tacked to a 2 x 4. Not very elegant, but it does give me the 15-20 degree tilt that I need to aim the center speaker at my ears.

So, I've got a working solution, does anyone know of a more elegant solution?

The Lovan Center Director would be an obvious choice, but I'm told it won't tilt anywhere near 15 degrees.

Mark Leitch

Stunt Coordinator
If the current solution works... why not just get a piece of MDF and paint it black and put it on the door stops? You want to get really fancy, go to a local woodworker and have a piece done to match the armoir. It will cost you less than an "audio blessed" product and likely be more functional.

mark.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Or get the Lovan director and put something under the back foot to give you more of an angle. This gives you adjustability.

Hint: Radio Shack has a level with a laser pointer built in. This would be a great device to see where your speaker is pointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks