What's new

Adires Extremis-6.5" long throw 13mm???? (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Aside from the little tid bit of information given at the CES site, is anymore information of this interesting 6" or 6.5" driver available?

TS-Prams...

When possible available for purchase...

Pic's...

Dimensions, depth, cutout, etc...

Price, if or when available...

Driver composite make up, cone, suround, basket, magnet & motor makeup, shielded or not...?????????

Certainly not a Tumult by any means, but a seemingly "very interesting" driver that might be used in a far bigger number of floor speakers/monitors/mini-subs/etc, if and when available....

Dan:
Any info you can give up "now" on this little guy????

Regards
Geoff

JohanD

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think your going to get much additional information.. I e-mailed adire not too long ago and they said they wouldn't release any new information until January after CES.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
I more or less figured that that was going to be the answer.. But did hope that someone had more info on this little monster..

Oh vel, it only a long 4 weeks or so till the info comes down the pipe.

Thanks
Geoff

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator
CES this year will be interesting. Adire is not the only company I know of right now with a 1/2"(approx) one way xmax 6.5 inch midbass coming out.

Man I wish I was closer. :frowning:

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
When I clicked on the pic and saw the ugly frame, I thought: "automotive drivers". Then I went to the site link and see its automotive and apparently they're discusing an auto install. Oh well, we'll see what we find at C.E.S.

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator
I wish I was better at searching forum's, then I could find the original post. :frowning: I must have searched for a good hour that day looking for the post. I'll try again.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Mike: Usually, car drivers are built to specs that result in less quality sound than good drivers you'd buy for a DIY home speaker, and most are built to be low cost. Car driver materials, especially cones, are chosen to perform in an environment that has large temperature and humidity swings. That, rather than ultimate performance is what drives material selection. Car subwoofers, for the most part, have very small Xmax, as they are required to fill an extremely small space with sound, and that small space adds quite a few dB cabin gain, so there's no need to have the Xmax of a good home subwoofer driver. And, they're only required to reproduce one note, right? :D
As in everything else in life, there are exceptions.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
The Adire Extremis probably has a stronger motor (being XBL^2 and all...), allowing the driver to operate with high resolution up into the midrange. We are talking high-fidelity here. Not just long excursion and huge bass output. I also expect it would have a lower Fs than the eD design. If it doesn't, it should. And it should have a round cast frame. If it doesn't, it should.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
I wonder if Adire has plans for any killer tower kits usung these guys coming out. If not, I hope someone gets on that!

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Aaron,

The Extremis 6 is clean up past 5 kHz...;) It's not a midbass, but a midrange with monster throw/bass capability.

Rory,

Round frame for certain. Plenty of BL, and a low enough Fs to get you output down into the bottom of a bass guitar range.

Owen,

But of course...;)

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Mark Wilson

Agent
How soon till a center channel comes out based on it? :) I'm interested in getting the Adire LCC, although that little devil may be worth waiting for.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I'm waiting to see the world's smallest (effective) sonotube subwoofer.

Oh, and another thing...

how long are we going tohave to wait to hear about the other xbl^2 drivers? I am expecially interested in seeing how well XBL^2 can be applied to improve the frequency range of full-range drivers.

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Rory/Hank,

The driver talked about in this thread is XBL^2 enabled. And we'll have several other sizes all over the map available as well. Including some really small, full range units that sound quite good in small ported boxes.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks