What's new

Adire vs Dayton. (1 Viewer)

keoni

Agent
I know that both of these are good drivers. I also know that the Dayton being a SVC is probably a better start for me because I dont know what I am doing, or how I would go about parralell wiring for 4 ohms (using 250 watt plate). I want to make a 70% HT 30 % Music sub using either the Shiva, or the Titanic MK II. Can you substitute the Shiva driver with the MK II using Adires 85 L vented plans or would you need a different port length. By looking at WIN isd which I havent fully figured out it tells me I need a 3X13 inch port for an 85 liter cabinet. Is that correct? I would like to use Adires plans but since the MK II is on sale I was thinking about going with that one. Thanks for any help.

Chris Brock

Second Unit
I believe that the Titanic should outperform the Shiva. The Shiva a closer match to the Dayton 12"DVC then the Titanic. At the current price it is the best 12" deal on the market IMO.

george king

Supporting Actor
I just finished building a 54L sealed sub with the MKII (60% music, 40% movies) and love it. You wont be disappointed with its performance. BTW I have it hooked to the PE 250W plate amp.

Good Luck

Travis Cain

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm.. Shiva MkIV has a 16.6mm xmax vs. 14.2mm of the titanic. Shiva also has a Vas of 151 liters compared to 280 on the Titanic.

It would seem to me that Shiva would be able to move more air and be happier in a smaller box..

keoni

Agent
Never mind, found it in the archives. Too easy dont know what I was worried about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks