What's new

Adire Shiva vs. Dayton DVC.......which one? (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Will be building my own cabinet (hopefully sooner than later) and will need a sub to put in it (may sound better that way). Will be building just your plain jane MDF enclosure. Haven't decided on sealed or ported, but want to build something SIMPLE but still sounds good.

Will be listening to music approx. 80% of the time with movies filling in the other 20%.......which sub would you pick and why? They both cost about the same, so are there any major differences that makes one better than the other? Thanks for any help/guidance.

Steve

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Steve they are basically the same thing so you won't be unhappy with either. I've used the 15" DVC and the Tempests and both are top notch drivers so IMO see which you get the better deal on.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Steve, I have the Dayton 12" DVC sub and it's quite amazing. You might want to see if the Shiva's are even in stock, as I know they sell out in no time! You won't be dissatisfied with either.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
About the only difference between the two is the Dayton will give you a lower Q in the same sized sealed enclosure. Other than that, like the others have said, I doubt you could tell them appart.

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds to me what you're saying is: find one in stock and go order it!!! Correct me if I'm wrong.

Steve

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I think you've got it.

Which ever one you can get cheaper and/or don't have to wait for will definately put a big grin on your face.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Basically, the Dayton requires a smaller box but the Shiva goes slightly deeper. For a first project, the DVC is ideal since it'll work well in a ~1ft^3 sealed box. I've used it sealed and in a reflex/PR and it's a great little driver.

Steve,
I am currently using the 12" Shiva and a 15" Dayton in 2 seperate enclosures and I love them both, so I would suggest, as other have, to just find which is the better deal. I am pretty sure you will be happy with which ever has a better price.

-KL

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Both are in stock and both work out to be the same price after shipping is counted (at least where I come from:) )
Just like what other have said, the DVC can go in a slightly smaller enclosure with the same Q as the Shiva.

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Got the go-ahead from the boss.....will be ordering one of them on Monday!!!! Sounds like the Dayton probably fits my needs a little better than the Shiva, but I've heard so much about the Shiva, it's making the decision extremely tough which one to order!! As a proud high school and college graduate, will probably just make my decision the old fashion: flip a coin.

I emailed Kyle at Acoustic Visions about this subject....he was quick on a reply and very helpful. But you veterans probably already knew that. Just like to point out good customer support/help when I encounter it, since many times only the bad experiences are reported.

Anyway, I'll post a progress report after I receive the sub, whichever one I order!! Thanks again for the help.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks