What's new

Adire LCC finished, 281s and other pics (1 Viewer)

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I finished my Adire LCC kit. (Before Brian I think).
It sounds great. Only one complaint (Dan you listening?)
I wanted to recess the drivers. No problem with that but the hex head screws Adire sends you for the t-nuts have about a 3/4" flat section (no threads). With the drivers recessed there isn't enough thread left to tighten the driver down. They either need to use the same ones as the 281s or get different ones to send.
I ended up using the ones from the 281 kits (I used screws on those). Unfortunetly they aren't the same size thread. Just a hair smaller. So they hold but not perfect.
I also built a pair of 281s with rounded edges, finished using the patented Pat Sun method :)
Anyways. Here's the link to the Pictures.
Rob

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Rob,

Looking good! I actually have the box constructed and have all the holes cut out of the baffle except I haven't flushed the 5.25" driver yet. I'll probably just use screws on all the drivers since it's just easier and you're obviously having a bit of trouble.

Brian

P.S. How are you coming along with the A/V-1's?

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys!

Brian - The A/V1+ boxes are done but I'm waiting for the new woofers to arrive. I should have them anytime now. I have a couple things to do before I can get to the crossovers but I might be able to sneek a few hours here and there to get them done in the coming week.

I'll post those as well when finished. So much to do before I move! I'm not looking forward to packing up the tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks