What's new

Adire Lare Center Channel (1 Viewer)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
Well I got the 30 pound package today. Looks like this will be a great project, I already completed the XO, just need to solder it. I am planing to create a nice grill for it (it will be my first grill) and I already bought some nice neodymium magnets off ebay.

Also I am tossing up the idea of dressing up the surround on the AV8s, I don't like the cardboard ring thing. I am thinking of making a pressure ring out of MDF, if I get my measurements right it will be the same size internally of the surround, but it will over lap over the basket and rest on the front of the driver board. it will be marginally higher then the driver board and i will try and put a nice round over on it. I think I will either construct it out of MDF and paint it black with a contrasting baltic birch laminated driver board, or do both baltic birch. still not sure about it.

Anyways heres some pics for people that haven't seen an LCC construction before and what the XO looks like.

Cheers and I will post more updates as they come.

LINKAGE

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Your not supposed to use the ring, its just there for protection during shipment.

Why not just recess the driver so that the rubber surround is flush with the baffle?

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
ascetically it looks horrible, if you look at many other drivers they have something over the surround and basket to finish it off. I am planing on doing something like this

but it will incorporate with the driver board to really finish it of. I figured out that i have to used my 1/2 inch baltic birch as i only have 3/4 inch MDF and i think that will stick out too far from the driver board.

Robert_CA

Stunt Coordinator
By the Way Allen,
I hope you're planning to separate those two crossover boards and mount them inside the cabinet behind the two AV8's. You need get them far apart from each other to avoid any possible interference. I built mine late last year and I really like it. My Kit281 ported mains are about 85% complete. cheers!

:)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
yeah i still have to work that out, didn't realize till its all soldered, I think i can do it if i am very careful with the radial arm saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks