What's new

adire kit281 question (1 Viewer)

David_Merrow

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, I am thinking about building the 281 and had a question. What is the difference sound wise between the transmission line cabinet and the vented cabinet? I want the best design out of the three for music.
thanks for your help,
David

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I'd say the biggest difference with a Transmission line is it is harder to build.

I've never heard one before so I can't really tell you what's the difference. To sum things up I'd say the TL if done correctly would sound better. But remember you would basically be changing the way the bass sounds.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
The 281TL doesn't model well in the sims, but supposedly sounds good. I built the vented and can say for sure that they sound great for music and HT. They can operate on their own or mate well with my sub. They should have a stronger lower end than the TL version, too.

Pete

David_Merrow

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the replies.

I will probably just go with the vented. I was on the adire website and seen that transmission line design and wondered why no one ever used it.

Also, I have another question. Is it possible to build the box before I get the kit from adire? Will every thing fit in it or would I need to leave the box unassembled until I get the speakers and everything else mounted?

thanks,
David

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
You could build the enclosure and add everything later thru the driver cutouts. I wouldn't route the driver holes if you're going to flush mount them, tho.

Pete

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
It might be a pain installing the crossover and wiring to the terminal.

What I recommend doing is building everything except for attaching the back panel. Or at least you can make all the cuts before the kit arrives.

If you follow the flush mount instructions then everything should fit fine. A router can be used to countersink the driver hole for flush mounting. (Remember that flush mounting tweeters can help the response)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks