Adire Kit 81 ?'s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Rosz, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Jeff Rosz

Jeff Rosz Second Unit

heya folks,

i am building some of these for my buddy next door as a gift for helping me out around my place. i cut the panels yesterday, now i am ready for the holes. btw, with god as my witness i wont ever use mdf again.

but anyway, hopefully very simple questions:

1) does the vent kit come included in the kit?

1a) if so, whats the depth of the indent to flush mount it?

2) does the tweet cutout need a notch for its terminals?

2a) if so, how far out from the edge of the hole must it go?

thanks

2. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

If you are building a vented enclosure then you will need to buy the vent kit separately.

As for cut-out sizes...personally I'd wait until I had the hardware in hand and make all measurements directly from the hardware. You just never know when actual hardware can differ from the produced drawings or from one shipment to the next. Just a precaution.

3. George W

George W Stunt Coordinator

Jeff, your post said kit 81's. If you are making the 81's (the small ones) then there are no vents involved, they are sealed cabinets. The tweeter doesn't need any notches for terminals, but I don't know off hand the depth of the recesses. Hope this helps.

-George

4. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Actually, there are plans available for download on Adire Audio's Web site for ported and even transmission line Kit 81's.

5. Jeff Rosz

Jeff Rosz Second Unit

thanks bill, that answers question 1. now its off to parts express, smallest vent adire has is 3".

thanks george, no notches, thats question 2.

right todd, 35 l. with 2" x 4 3/4" vent. i thought about building the TL for something different and to get rid of this mdf laying around, but then i thought of the extra mdf dust. no no no.