What's new

Adire Kit 281: Polyfil question (1 Viewer)

Michael Merrell

Stunt Coordinator
I'm working on my first speaker kit project, a pair of Kit 281s from Adire. I've got the cabinets assembled, and I'll be caulking, filling, sanding, etc. over the next few days.

One thing that isn't clear to me is how the Polyfil batting is supposed to be used. The speaker plans (vented) require Polyfil behind the woofers and in the bottom compartment. Does this mean I just through in a ball of batting of the appropriate size, or do I need to secure a layer to one of the sides, or what?

Thanks,

--Mike

TimForman

Supporting Actor
With the braces and the port tube there's plenty to hold the poly-fil. Also, due to the nature of polyester it's not going to bother the drivers at all. Just put the specified amount behind the mids and in the bottom. You'll be fine.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Also, when you start stuffing it you'll realize there isnt much room to try to position it in any way and is just stuffed in there except for the bottom portion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks