What's new

Adire DT300 amp, defeatable crossover? (1 Viewer)

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all my tempest is done and it is now running! But I would like it crossovered at 50 Hz like my Hsu VTF-3. I compared both of them but Im not able now to tell you all in detail how they do compare, I will do it later :wink: ! I use a Paradigm X-Over so my mains are cut at 50 Hz and I just have to dial the low pass filter to 50 Hz for the subwoofer too. It worked with my VTF-3 because its amp had a defeatable internal crossover so its internal crossover wasnt used at all and it blended beautifully with my mains.

But the big problem is that Im not able to do that with the Adire DT300 amp on the Tempest. It features a variable low pass filter from 50 to 150 Hz but even if I turn the button to 50 Hz on my sub plate amp and the same thing with the Paradigm X-Over, I can hear quite a lot of bass above 50 Hz. I dont know what to do, can someone help me? :frowning:

Mark gas

Second Unit
If the Paradigm X-Over is a active and goes before the plate amp all freqs above 50 should be filtered out before they even reach the amp so is should not matter what the amp is set at as long it is above 50 hz.

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
But this not seems to do it right! I can still hear high bass note above 50 Hz... there is not any means to bypass the internal crossover of my DT300? If this could be necessary, I would open the amp and to bypass it there... I dunno, maybe you can change a setting there, a jumper...

Mark gas

Second Unit
There is no need to bypass the crossover.it can only reduce anything freqs above 50 hz. Recheck the Paradigm X-Over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks