What's new

Adire Dpl 12 in a shiva 142.5 L EBS box? (1 Viewer)

steve all

Grip
hi there, i was told by the Adire co. that the DPL 12 driver had close enough parameters to the shiva that, it would perform well in this same enclosure since i built the box a few weeks ago and, could not find a shiva anywhere. i tried but, couldn't figure how to model the DPL 12 in this particular box in WINISD PRO. if anyone gets the free time to model it and give me an idea of the performance, i'd sure appreaciate it. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! steve all :)

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator
Their site claims that the Mark IV is in production.

I hope that it is. I am wanting to make two 142L sonosubs with a 3"X12" port.

It was between the Shiva Mark IV and the 15" Dayton DVC. I am a novice, but it seems that the Shiva is a better performer.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
The DPL12 in a 142L box tuned to 18Hz works very well, I replaced my Shiva with one in the same box. Slightly less efficiency in the upper bass, but slightly greater efficiency near tuning, below 25Hz. A bit flatter down to the nether regions, as you see.

steve all

Grip
hey thanks alot jack! i was really worried about the performance difference using the DPL 12 instead of the shiva in the 142 L box since the DPL 12 is already on the way. glad to hear from someone who has actually done it before that, eases the worry. in this small mobile home, it should have plenty of spl with the P.E 240 watt plate amp i would think. thanks again, and HAPPY NEW YEAR ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks