What's new

Adire Dharman comparisons (1 Viewer)

Brian Noud

Auditioning
I need your opinions on this subwoofer.My room is 15 by 11 and I am wondering if this sub has good slam and if it would be decent for music.Also,which sub would compare with it in the $1000.00 price range.I am not interested in SVS,so any other comparisons would be appreciated.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

The Dharman is equal to a Velodyne HGS15 from an output standpoint. IIRC, it costs well over $1000. I haven't heard the Dharman yet so I can't give you any additional info.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Best comparison I could think of would be a Hsu VTF3 in max output mode. Both have 12" drivers (although this means almost nothing; but I'd say the odds are more in favor of the drivers both use being more similar than disimilar), both are tuned to 22hz, both use a pair of 3" flared ports, both use 250W amps; Dharman has an extra 25L or so of internal volume. Dharman is $250 cheaper.
I've heard a Dayton DVC12" (PE clone of the driver Adire uses in the Dharman called the Shiva) in a 120L enclosure tuned to 20hz with a 4" flared port in a 10*12 room with a 160W amp. Based on that I'll say a Dharman should more than please in a 11*15 room.
The VMPS Larger is supposed to be good, but with an amp it will go over $1000. Used Velo HGS15 should compete with the Dharman as well. The Mirage BPS400 or Paradigm PW2200 should come close to it.
If you can build a box though you can build one hell of a sub in the under $1000 range with the parts available online. Infact the driver ports and amp in the Dharman are all available seperately, you could build a clone of it for less than $400. And if enclosure size isn't an issue you could build a sub it just isn't feasible for a commercial manufacturer to build (it will be big, but I'm talking SVS Ultra performance for not much more than $400).
Edit: For that matter, since Brian got in before me with his short response ;) he could custom build you a very nice sub when given a $1000 to work with:
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks