What's new

Adire Audio (1 Viewer)

Has anyone used an Adire Tempest, or Shiva as a subwoofer w/a 250 watt amp from parts express. I was thinking about doing this, i was wondering how these have faired in other applications

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the DIY 142.5L Shiva EBS with a 250 amp from Parts Express. I've been very happy with the results. When friends come over they are amazed with the amount of clean bass is put out. My home theater is in the basement and you can feel the main floor vibrate, especially during the canon scene in Master and Commander. If I wasn't so happy with the Shiva I might be tempted to try the Tempest (that would be a tough one to sneak past the boss! LOL). The Adire website has clear and easy to use plans to build your sub. I took the measurements to my local Home Depot and they cut the pieces to the exact measurements. This made building a lot easier. The other thing I would recommend is predrilling if you are using screws and use plenty of glue. Others have used glue and clamps with good results. Bottom line: if you are comfortable with DIY, either of these drivers are the basis for an excellent sub.
Hope this helps.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
I have a sealed Tempest w/ 250PE modded amp + BFD. The output is just incredible (house shaking). Absolutely awesome for music. Totally recommend it if you are looking into DIY. I openned a thread regarding BFD couple month back. You can search for it and check out the output if that's what you are after.

Al,

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I have a 260L ported Tempest powered by an AVA250. Very happy with it's performance. In my opinion the Tempest is definately worth the extra $25 in cost provided you can live with the increased enclosure size requirements.

However, I made the decision on the Tempest three years ago. Now I wouldn't hesitate to go with Ascendant Audio's Atlas series drivers. Price competitive with the Shiva and Tempest, but with more Xmax, more power handling, more wiring options and Adire's own XBL^2 motor technology.

Max F

Second Unit
Last i checked, the Tempest was very hard to find. Adire is working on their next line. Most people are going for the Ascendant Audio line like the Atlas, which represents the latest tech, the XBL^2. Adire will come out with their own version, but if you're ready to make a move, most will point you toward the Atlas. I believe it will fit in nicely with the Adire box designs.

If you're on a budjet, the Dayton Quatro 15" with a PE 240 watt amp is the budjet king of DIY. Very highly rated for music and HT on the Part Express message board.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks