What's new

Adire Audio Tempest tube dimensions (1 Viewer)

Greg Van Hulle

Auditioning
I have recently purchased a Tempest subwoofer from Adire Audio and a 250W amp. My freind has the Shiva and had a tube built and it sounds awsome! I was wondering where I could find all the neccesary materials to build a tube to the right dimensions for the Tempest.
Thanx!!;)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
This should get moved to the DIY area.

But in short your local hardware store will have 3/4" mdf for the endcaps and base plate if desired (I'd recommend doubling it up to 1.5" thickness), hard wood dowel (1.25-2" diameter for legs, make them a minimum of 3.5" long), the mounting hardware for the legs and driver and any glue, silicone and paint you need. Phone your local concrete contractors, they'll have sonotube (18-24" in diameter is what you'll be looking at). For ports, either a pair of 4" flared port kits or a 6" straight PVC pipe (if you want you can get flares for the 6" PVC but it isn't necessary). Visit Walmart for some polyfil to line the inside of the tube with. Finally visit a fabric store to get some material for the sock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks