Adire Audio Rava vs Paradigm PDR-10

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by BrendanG, May 5, 2003.

1. BrendanG

BrendanG Agent

I have narrowed down my two sub choices to either the adire audio rava or the paradigm pdr-10. Anybody have any suggestions for me? i generally listen to more music than movies and have an 11 x 11 area. The sub will also be paired with paradigm titans. Im aware that the rava is much more of a musical sub, but isnt as great in movie situations. Is the paradigm alright for both music and movies or should i just pay the extra $50 for the rava? if i could save some money on this id like to, but if the rava is that much better of a sub id definitely spring for it. any suggestions please.

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

The Rava will easily outgun and out extend a PDR10 (PDR10 is tuned to almost 40hz). In comparison to a PDR10 the Rava will be a better music and home theater sub. A Rava should keep you quite happy in a room that small.

3. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Second the RAVA, but then I'm biased (own two shivaes).

4. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I third the Rava. The Rava is a MUCH better deal, as the Paradigms are way to expensive in the states, which makes the Rava an even better deal.

5. ernie.bin

ernie.bin Stunt Coordinator

anyone on the pw-2200 vs the rava?

I can pick up a pw-2200 for about $750 vs a rava for $630+ shipping.

(this is in canada).

6. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

PW2200 would be better compared to the Dharman. Rava will likely sound a little better, but PW2200 will be louder than a Rava.

Have you considered DIY. Right now ~$500CDN will get you an AVA250 and a Tempest. You build the box and you'll have a sub that will kick the crap out of all three subs mentioned so far.