What's new

Adire amplifiers used as defibrillators? (1 Viewer)

Evan Andersen

Auditioning
Can anyone enlighten my as to why this statement is found in the Adire Audio catalog? It follows, verbatim:
"IMPORTANT NOTICE - Life Support/Mission Critical Applications
Adire Audio products are not fault-tolerant and are not designed, manufactured, or intended for use or resale in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe
performance, such as in the normal operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation, communication systems, direct life support machines, heart defibrillators, or
weapon systems, in which the failure of our product could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage."
I saw a Pioneer advertisement in a magazine that portrayed Pioneer subwoofer drivers being used as defibrillators in an ER. I thought it was a rather clever joke. Perhaps this is what they're talking about?
Evan

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Actually, it's because we carry a LOT of OEM-only parts that are not listed in our web store. Some of these products do make their way into medical/life critical systems (like ultrasound machines, for one). As such, we need to explicitly state that WE are not guaranteeing these for such an application; it is up to the final product user to qualify the parts for such duty.
Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks