Adire Alignment 85L Supplies?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Likens, May 27, 2002.

1. Mike Likens

Mike Likens Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone built this sub before? I'm confused on the supplies I need for this sub. I know I need an enclosure, a shiva driver, an amp and a flared port. On the Adire Audio web site they list a Sub-V sub kit which includes a port, biwire cap, 10' wiring, grille, and some other assorted hardware. Do I need this entire kit or do I just need a port? Does the AVA250 amp come with the necessary wiring to hook to the driver? Does the Shiva come with the needed input terminals to hook to the amp? I just want to make sure I have everything I need before I get started. Thanks in advance for any input.

2. James Slade

James Slade Second Unit

The amp has everything you need to hook it up. However the shiva is a dual voice coil driver, so you will need to run a couple of wires from one coil to the other to drive them both from the amp. It is very easy. You will also need some mounting hardware for the driver and something to make it air tight.

All you need is amp, driver, port, some wire, and box and driver mounting materials.

3. Mike Likens

Mike Likens Stunt Coordinator

James, thanks for your advice. What type of wire do I use and will I need to solder it? What would I use to make the driver air tight? Foam insulation like you might use on windows? How about a sealant like silicon? I assume to mount the driver requires screws you can find at a hardware store.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator