Adira Shiva rebuild help needed

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by minhG, Feb 23, 2006.

1. minhG

minhG Stunt Coordinator

I built the 142L vented adire box a few years back and now i want to downsize (it's way too awesome for my apartment building, people keep asking if there was an earthquake everytime i turn it up!!)

But Adire have taken down their plans, does anyone still have them? Or can anyone give me rough dimensions for a smaller box? I'm thinking sealed because the smallest vented plan was still 90L if i remember correctly. And i'd like to get it down to 18" cube with the amp inside the box. I think sealed will mean less headaches for me wrt to getting the exact correct volume.

Thanks for any ideas!

2. BryanDO

BryanDO Stunt Coordinator

I was in the same situation, I moved into an apartment and my 4cu ft ported shiva couldn't come. I tried it in a 3L sealed enclosure and was disappointed in the output and detail. I went to parts express and ordered a Dayton DLS-10 to fill out the bass for apartment living until I can unleash the shiva again.

3. Bob Reimer

Bob Reimer Agent

Since we are bringing back the original Shiva and Tempest we have all the documentation available and links will be posted shortly.

Bob Reimer
    Creative Sound Solutions

www.creativesound.ca

4. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

3L sealed? That's incredibly small... My tempest enclosure was 214L, and I didn't even go for the "big" one.

That's sweet they are bringing back the original Tempest and Shiva.

My tempest that I had in my car for a couple years has discolored tremendously and the surround is starting to get crumbly. I hope they will still be $150 shipped. [​IMG] I doubt it though...

5. Bob Reimer

Bob Reimer Agent

The preorder price till the end of the month is $145 including shipping.

Bob