What's new

adding second SVS questions (1 Viewer)

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
i've already had a single16-46cs+/samson amp for a while now.
i just received a second 16-46cs+ today!!!.
after hooking up a second sub should my calibration points be lower due to the extra output of a second sub or should it remain about the same? with the one sub setup i had the svs black box set between 1 and 2 and my receivers sub gain
set to minus 4(-4)on a scale of -10 to +10/ in order to reach 85db with sound and vision disc.now with both subs
hooked up i thought that i may have to lower either the black box or my receivers setting ,but it seems to be staying the same, is this right? or wrong?
thanx for any help you can provide.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Dual subs, at the same location, should result in increased SPL's and therefore perhaps require you to lower your settings...interesting. I have my SVS's in opposite corners, had one originally, and still had to lower my settings...so perhaps you might want to play around with it a bit more...

Perhaps someone else may chime in a share their views? :D

E

Richard Little

Stunt Coordinator
Stick them in a corner, individually calibrate to reference, turn em both on and pound away:D This will produce louder than “intended” bass but an audio engineer likely goes off the assumption that most people don’t have two monster subs that can handle it, else he/she might have mastered it a little hotter to begin with. Maybe?

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
Richard i like how you think!!!!!!!! LOL.
I think i've solved the problem with a little help from Tom at SVS of course. I switched the wires on one of the subs(thus changing polarity) and HOLY SH%T!!!!!!!!!:D .
I've got more bass than i could have hoped for.
2 16-46cs+'s are incredible together, i just wish i'd done this sooner. i mean one sub was great, but two...OH MY!!!.
Bass heaven Baby. to those of you with a SVS B-4,
ARE YOU SOFT IN THE HEAD OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!,LOL :) .
I can only imagine the amounts of bass you get with the B4,
but these two 16-46's are gonna satisfy me for a while!
as well as soften the houses structure up!
Two Towers was great with one SVS sub, absolutely effortless
with two of em.
Those talking trees are awesome.
Thank you guys for trying to help me it is much appreciated.
This forum is a wealth of knowledge and its all because of the great people who frequent it.:emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I had a polarity problem also. I was trying to team up a AV15 with duel CS+'s. I was loosing 3-5 dB's in the process. Tom V rescued me. I just did not get it. I must have fought this for 2-3 weeks before I begged for help.

I was thinking polarity when I read your post and sure enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks