adding second subwoofer

mneal1956

Auditioning
Real Name
martin neal
hi all, i have a sony htsf 1000 home cinema theatre (new) i also have from my last setup a yamaha yst-sw320 subwoofer which is superb. in the the yamaha book it says that a system benefits from having 2 woofers, first off is this true, secondly the sony amp has not got any jacks in which to connect it, only a push in 2 pin connecor which simply clicks in, if it is possible to have 2 any ideas on wiring. cheers

frogpond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Baker
Unfortunately the Sony HTiB receivers from what I have seen require converters for their jacks. I know Monster has them, some other cable companies may I'm not sure. As far as subs go it depends on how much space your trying to fill then there is the factor of adding more for lack of bass which covers up the deficiencies of the sub. Of course there are people around the forums that want to destroy thier house so they add two or more SVS or Hsu subs

mneal1956

Auditioning
Real Name
martin neal
ha ha, cheers for that, certainly dont want to bring the house down, the only reason i asked about the second sub is because i have it sitting there and dont know what to do with it------seems such a waste, however am of to look at convertors now cheers

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muskantdramu