What's new

Adding personal content to DVD Profiler (1 Viewer)

Skip Magly

Agent
A Bunch of users I don't recognize. Didn't know i frequent this site probably. Oh well, if there is anything I can help any of you with vis a vis DVDProfiler and the New Rules please feel free to send me a PM through the IVS website. One of the reasons the New Rules were developed, since I see at least a couple of people who don't like them, was to stop ping-pong Contributions. IVS had one title for example that had changed by users 2000 times because users, not understanding the purpose of the Online Database kept trying to bend it to their personal requirements, which then resulted in someone else doing the same thing etc, ect. ad infinitum.

Then there was always the problem of users trying to impose their own particular sort wishes on everyone else, even after IVS specifically stated that SORT=TITLE, so now Sort has become what it should be a matter of personal choice and IVS determines how the Online data will be sorted.

If I can be of assistance please let me know.

Skip;)

Skip Magly

Agent
;) You can run but you can't hide, I have actually lurked here for several years and joined the forums about a year ago, though I am not as active here as elsewhere.

Skip :crazy:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
There's not enough time in the day for you to be active here as much as you are on DVDP Forums, Skip. :D

George.H

Auditioning
Kinda off topic here...

Quote from Russell G

There are many home automation software and hardware combinations out there that can control Pioneer and Sony mega DVD changers. I personally have written my own software and using a black box called slink-e to control 4 Sony DVD changers.:eek: I've also created a DVD Profiler skin that'll communicate with my software to play the selected movie. Really makes handling hundreds (soon to be thousands) of DVD's much easier. :D

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

So what is wrong with wanting a complete and accurate database? I have been registered with dvdprofiler since 2001 and only recently have been active in the forums and contributions. The voting function has been very helpful in making contributions. I have had contributions get 20 votes yes and one user points out the mistake that everyone missed. If there is an error why bother having it approved and released and then have to have someone resubmit later? The constant ping-ponging was getting annoying with a collection of about 700 (at the time) I can only imagine how it was for the users with thousands of discs.

Sure there are things in the rules that desperately need clarification (i.e. Box sets vs Tv sets etc). If I had a complaint right now about the program it would be that.

--Ian

Skip Magly

Agent
Ian:

A major revision is being prepared and the issues you mentioned are high on the list to be addressed, at least the TV Series. The Boxsets are a more difficult problem as are many of the TV Series, it will be very hard to provide real hard and fast Rules for both those areas until we see exactly what IVS is planning to achieve the objective. But we will try and clear up some of the issues that have come up recently.

Note to HTF Forum users, we are interested in any comments any users have that migh be helpful, and if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to try and answer them for you.

Skip

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Skip,

My problem with DVD Profiler is not necessarily
the program itself, but registering to be eligable
to download beta copies.

I am a registered paid user. I would have thought
that would enable me to log into the website and
download the early beta versions.

I cannot. Furthermore, I wrote Customer Service
several times about it, and there is no response.

Thanks for taking the time to come to our forum
and assist our members. Very nice of you.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Ron, did you try entering the forum through the My Profiler link in the program? My recollection is that there's a way to do that using your registration code and it logs you in that way, without using the password.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mark,

Never thought of that. Will try it. Thanks!

I'm just a little "miffed" that I sent
Customer Support several emails asking
whatt he problem was with no attempts made
to get back to me despite the fact I was a
supportive member.

Skip Magly

Agent
Ron:

I hope Mark's suggestion solved your problem. If it didn't PM me through the IVS website and I will try to get Ken or Jesse's attention to get this resolved for you.

Skip

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Skip and all,

Thanks for the help.

The problem was that I needed to log on to
the DVD Profiler website using my DVD PROFILER
password information.

I had registered under a different alias.

I now have access to the BETA download which
I will be taking advantage of.

Also have been using DVDSPOT.COM with
much success and lots of assistance from Steve
Easley. Both DVD PROFILER and DVDSPOT compliment
each other very well.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks