adding another sub woofer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Harry W, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Harry W

Harry W Stunt Coordinator

Ok guys I'am trying to upgrade a little.I've got a Panasonic dvd player DVD-RV26 and it has a sub jack on the back.Now I have a sub Magnavox FB 201 hooked up to my reciver.The bass is ok for my room but I was wondering if hooking another sub up to the dvd player would really bring in some BASS?Do I have to get the same make(Magnavox)to match the other or would any active sub do?Bought the Mag sub a few years back and thought it was 100 watts,now loking I see it's 42W RMS Output.Would I need to kick it up a knotch and get 2 new ones?Any help would be appreciated.

2. Cy Jervis

Cy Jervis Agent

First a few questions: what size is the room? What is your budget? and what are your listening habits?

I had an older jbl 10" sub which I thought sounded O.K. It wasn't as attention getting as I was looking for but it was in my budget. I recently upgraded to a velodyne cht-12 and OH MY what a difference. Listen to some friends set ups or go to a few stores and listen to some subs, you may find that all you need is a replacement.