1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

adding another sub woofer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Harry W, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Harry W

Harry W Stunt Coordinator

Ok guys I'am trying to upgrade a little.I've got a Panasonic dvd player DVD-RV26 and it has a sub jack on the back.Now I have a sub Magnavox FB 201 hooked up to my reciver.The bass is ok for my room but I was wondering if hooking another sub up to the dvd player would really bring in some BASS?Do I have to get the same make(Magnavox)to match the other or would any active sub do?Bought the Mag sub a few years back and thought it was 100 watts,now loking I see it's 42W RMS Output.Would I need to kick it up a knotch and get 2 new ones?Any help would be appreciated.

2. Cy Jervis

Cy Jervis Agent

First a few questions: what size is the room? What is your budget? and what are your listening habits?

I had an older jbl 10" sub which I thought sounded O.K. It wasn't as attention getting as I was looking for but it was in my budget. I recently upgraded to a velodyne cht-12 and OH MY what a difference. Listen to some friends set ups or go to a few stores and listen to some subs, you may find that all you need is a replacement.