What's new

Adding an RP91 to My HT/Audio Setup (1 Viewer)

Lin Park

Second Unit
I'm looking at adding this wonderful unit into my setup and had some questions about the audio hook-up. I currently use a QuickSilver Line Stage for the audio listening and a Denon AVR-2700 for the HT listening. The QuickSilver has an HT bypass so that I share the main speakers in both configurations. My question is this - could I use the RP-91 to feed the multi-channel music into the Denon and the stereo music into the QuickSilver (are there separate outputs on the RP-91 for this)? Also, I'm assuming there is nothing to worry about from a tonal bypass standpoint on the QuickSilver (because there are no tonal controls) but how will this work with my Denon? There is a 6 Ch. Ext. In selection but I am not sure if it is Direct Mode.

Hopefully, RicP or KeithH will chime in here as I think they have had quite a bit of experience at mating HT and high-end audio.

Thanx,

Lin

Chip E

Screenwriter
Hey Lin,

I recently picked up an RP-91 for a secondary rig and you can hook it up the way you want. (multi+ 2 channel out and or coax or TosLink out)

Nice player... The only thing i'm not too pleased with is when changing chapters playing a movie it doesn't display that chapter on-screen. My Sony 9K has the Panny RP-91 beat as far as menu intuitivity(is that a word?, lol...)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Lin,

The RP-91 has the following audio outputs: digital coaxial, digital optical, two-channel analog and 5.1 channel analog. All outputs are active at all times, so you should be able to route different connections to each of your pre/pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks