What's new

Adding an external amp to Denon 3312CI? (1 Viewer)

MarkSchro

Stunt Coordinator
I was going to hook up a parasound 1000 amp to drive the main L and R speakers. I was wondering do I put the gain all the way up on the parasound before I run audyssey setup?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'd put it all the way up...then if the Audyssey backs it down any more than -5...reduce the gain and "attempt" to get it as close to 0 as possible. You should do the same for the sub...set its gain so the AVR is as close to 0 as possible.

MarkSchro

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for quick reply, When I set it up originally I never went back and checked where Audyssey set the sub at. I haven't tried yet but I take it it is in the system info on audio input signal. Is it better to be -1 or 1 if I can't get it to zero?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I meant each channel. If you are at +- 1...you are good to go. I see people with amps where they can set the gain at the amp and the pre-pro/AVR is like -10 on the front and +10 on the surrounds in an attempt to get things equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks