What's new

Adding an Amp to Denon 3802 advice needed... (1 Viewer)

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it seems I have to turn to the HTF community once again for advice.... I have the Denon 3802 and already have a 5.1 HT set up and am adding 4 new zones. 4 addiotnal pairs of speakers to the rest of the house. What equipment should I use for this set up? Should I graduate to the 5803? Would I still need another amp then too? I am not sure where to go from here and the best equipment to buy for the job. Any advice please help.......

John Royster

Screenwriter
Michael,

I wish I could offer particular models and what not but what you're asking for probably shouldn't be tackled by home theater electronics. I'm struggling with this as well.

"how do I offer an entire home audio distribution system of good quality, control and ease of use"

If anybody has a silver bullet for this please post.

There are systems that do this, and they are not "home audio" related from what I've learned.

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to the house of pain John. Thank god I am not alone here! I have been online for over an hour looking for a way to resolver the problem. I can only find amps the add 2 pairs of speakers at the most. I looked at the back of the 5803 and found it has 2 7.1 HT set up configurations, and then a 2nd zone. Could I use the second zone for one pair of speakers, and then the other 7.1 set up to run 3 more pairs of speakers? By the way they all would be playing the same source- Stereo or CD for music only (outside of the single HT setup) i know it's only a matter of time before someone sheds some light on the situation and leads us to the promise land......

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Simple answeer to all your problems boys: the Harman Kardon PA 4000. I'm too tired to type about it though. Just go to HK's website and read all about it. I'm sure there are probably others as well that would work.

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
But is 45wts pc enough? I would hope to push 80, esp. with my outdoor speakers. I think we are on the right track now. Mark, thanks for the information. I will check to see if they have a higher model....

Mark Russ

Second Unit
That amp can run 100 X 4, 45 X 8, or 100 X 2 PLUS 45 X 4. The options are virtually limitless.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Checkout the Rotel RMB-1066 6 channel amp that can be bridged to various configs.

Kevin

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Talk about opening a can of worms...there are so many possiblities from different manufactors. Just check out the following companies for multizone amps.

Rusound
Elan
H&K
Niles
B&K
There are more but cant think of them off the top of my head right now.

Once you start looking it goes from simple, I just want to play music in different rooms to, heck I want to control them, different sources, different volumes, controlling the volumes......etc.. at least that is what happened to me :D

R~

Mark Dickerson

Stunt Coordinator
Michael:

The 45 wpc of the H/K not enough for you? Well, I have the answer! Check out the NAD CI 9120 which is 12 x 80 wpc! That means it can handle up to 6 new zones and it handles 4 ohm loads, too. Weighs 80 lbs., so get help when installing it. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks