What's new

Adding a pic to a post (1 Viewer)

JeffLambas

Grip
Hi all, Need some advise on some design schematics but the easiest way to explain to all is to show a pic in the thread. My question is does the pic need to live on the net for me to upload it and allow it to be seen. That is my assumption based on what I have read. Ideally I want to copy/paste or upload the pic from my HDD but cant work out if I can do that. Any help would be appreciated here.

Rgds, Jeff

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it needs to be hosted somewhere on the Internet. Can you not try describing your system's proposed location and your possible solutions?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yes, it has to be on the ‘net somewhere, because the image is inserted and created as a web address: (img)link here(/img) (Exchange the parenthesis for brackets.)

Most high-speed providers alot some free space to their customers – that’s how I did the pictures for my SVS subwoofer review – but there are a few other alternatives.

There are some websites like Villagephotos.com that will host your pics for free. Also, a few home theater forums like AVS and Home Theater Spot have provisions to upload images, which you could then use here. They probably won’t stay up more than a few days, but that might be long enough to get the info you need.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JeffLambas

Grip
Thanks guys. I have ended up going with image shack. Have a new thread to post for some advise..

Thanks again

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Jack, isn’t that kinda like shooting him in the foot? Who’s going to respond to his questions about room dimensions or layout, speaker locations, etc. (or whatever he’s trying to find out) when the thread is titled “Adding a picture to a post?”

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks