1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Adding a pic to a post

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by JeffLambas, Mar 7, 2005.

1. JeffLambas

JeffLambas Extra

Hi all, Need some advise on some design schematics but the easiest way to explain to all is to show a pic in the thread. My question is does the pic need to live on the net for me to upload it and allow it to be seen. That is my assumption based on what I have read. Ideally I want to copy/paste or upload the pic from my HDD but cant work out if I can do that. Any help would be appreciated here.

Rgds, Jeff

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Yes, it needs to be hosted somewhere on the Internet. Can you not try describing your system's proposed location and your possible solutions?

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Yes, it has to be on the ‘net somewhere, because the image is inserted and created as a web address: (img)link here(/img) (Exchange the parenthesis for brackets.)

Most high-speed providers alot some free space to their customers – that’s how I did the pictures for my SVS subwoofer review – but there are a few other alternatives.

There are some websites like Villagephotos.com that will host your pics for free. Also, a few home theater forums like AVS and Home Theater Spot have provisions to upload images, which you could then use here. They probably won’t stay up more than a few days, but that might be long enough to get the info you need.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

5. JeffLambas

JeffLambas Extra

Thanks guys. I have ended up going with image shack. Have a new thread to post for some advise..

Thanks again

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

No, Jeff. Keep it all in this thread.

7. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Jack, isn’t that kinda like shooting him in the foot? Who’s going to respond to his questions about room dimensions or layout, speaker locations, etc. (or whatever he’s trying to find out) when the thread is titled “Adding a picture to a post?”

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt