What's new

Adding a lutron spacer question (1 Viewer)

Todd Smigelski

Stunt Coordinator
Can I control and learn 2 different 'single' spacer units with my remote control? Or would they be on the same frequency?

I have used the spacer for years but now i'm upgrading my HT and dont want to complicate things too much but i do need to have two separate dimmable zones for my recesssed cans.

Thanks

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Todd,
I have 2 Lutron dimmers and are operated with my Harmony remote. They have 4 settings plus full on & off. They do use the same signal, so I have 4 lighting combinations total. I don't see any use for more presets than that.
* I have a setting for movies where all lights are on the lowest setting
* There is a setting with all front lights off and my 2 recessed lights in the back on the lowest.
* Another is the same as above but the back lights are about 80%. I use this setting when playing games or TV. This way people can interact and see each other with out much light on the screen.
* The last setting is all lights on 75%. This is good for after a movie when you want to see, but you don't want to blind everyone.
If I brighten or dim them, they both move together equally from their last setting.
I went to the Lutron web site and they have a 800 number to call. They guided me to the right dimmers and help me set them up with my remote.
Dave

Todd Smigelski

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave
Did your buy your 2 units seperately or did it come as a system? Is it the sps-600 spacer system?

Todd

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

That's a great idea - in retrospect I should have created in independent zone in the back. Sonuva!

For more on Spacer installation there is a sticky thread that's been around for ages with lots of good discussion.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I think the number is SPS-600-LA. They can be used by them self or together.
The cool part is when everyone is seated and it is time to start the movie. Hit the button on the remote and the lights gently go down as the movie is starting.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks