What's new

adding 2nd sub...where to put it?? (1 Viewer)

Ben Hanrahan

Stunt Coordinator
If I were to add a second sub to my system, where is the ideal location and what is the ideal method of hooking it up? Currently my tv is in a corner placement with the subwoofer behind it, I could possible put the second sub behind my couch (which is in the opposite corner)...the B&W subs have a link out which you can connect to a second sub....but is that the best way to do it?

Any comments are welcomed.

Ben

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Ben,

It is commonly recommended to place the second sub close to the first. If you separate them as you are intending to do, you end up with phase issues, cancellation, and poor frequency response.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
I'll agree with Wayne. I have a multiple sub configuration, and both are located in the same corner. This is also a lot easier, especially if you already identified the current corner as the ideal corner.

Aside from reducing phase, cancellation etc, you'll also maximize the room gain.

I've never tried hooking up the sub using the sub out on the first sub. I run my subs through a parametric EQ so I just use a RCA "Y" connector out of the sub out on the receiver. I've never had a problem ... plus it allows me to independently EQ each sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks