What's new

Added some delay to my tactile transducers signal (1 Viewer)

John H

Second Unit
I have been wanting to add some delay to the signal supplying my TT's for some time.
I picked up a used DigiTech RDS2000 rack mount digital delay.
First I checked the units low end frequency response in my shelf system to make sure it was adequate for this application.
I took SPL measurements of sine waves starting at 50Hz down to 10Hz in 5Hz increments.
Without disturbing the volume control on the preamp I inserted the RDS2000 unit and adjusted it's gain so the 50Hz sine wave matched in dB output as without the delay unit in line.
I then measured all other frequencies below 50Hz and they also were the same as without the delay unit inline down to 10Hz.
I then installed the unit before the amplifiers driving my HT tactile transducer arrangement. I use appoximately 13 ms of delay to compensate for my subwoofers 13' distance from the listening postion.
Now the TT's don't hit before the bass wave arrives at the listening position.
A very large improvement in tactile transducer/subwoofer blending. Explosions etc... are much more realistic.
John
------------------
Link Removed

John H

Second Unit
Has anyone else experimented with adding signal delay to their TT arrangement?
John

I haven't tried this, but I _have_ thought about it before. I always figured the expense of buying a delay wouldn't justify itself given the fact that I only spent about $80 total on my 4 aura bass shakers in the first place. That and my couch is ony about 5' away from my SVS.

How much did you pay for the digital delay?

John H

Second Unit
I picked it up used at a local music store for $100
It is in mint cosmetic condition and dosen't seem to have been abused.
I dont see it on the DigiTech website so I believe it is discontinued.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks