Addams Family?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Matthew Brown, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

I did a search and didn't find anything on this. Any word on an Addam's Family season set?

Matt

2. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

No news has been reported. I don't think that Addams Family is in the works to come to DVD yet which is a shame because Addams Family is one of my favorite classic shows & I would purchase Season 1 of Addams Family when it comes out.

Now that The Munsters are on DVD in season format, I need Addams Family on DVD in season format.

3. LanieParker

LanieParker Supporting Actor

This one is on my wish list. I loved this show and enjoy the reruns that air every now and then. Hope they release it sometime in the near future.

4. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    I would've thought that the studio that owns the rights to "The Addams Family" would've put out the first season when they saw that "The Munsters" was coming. And also it is the 40th Anniversary of "The Addams Family" as well so there was another reason. Hopefully it'll come out soon.

5. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

The only thing I can think of that might be holding it up is that the Addams Family is based on a comic strip and there may be rights issues involved.

6. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    Bring on the original ADDAMS FAMILY on DVD! It's near the top of my "most wanted" TV series not yet on the format. At least the TV LAND network has brought it back recently, after a lonnnng dormancy. Who knows, perhaps that's a signal that DVDs might be in our future. Apparently MGM controls the rights to the series these days. Get crackin', MGM!

7. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I would also like this show on DVD, I've been watching it on TV Land recently and am remembering just how good it was.