What's new

Addams Family (60's) series on DVD??? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Does anyone know have any info on this series? Will it eventually be coming to DVD? Who owns the rights?

The series only lasted 2 seasons I believe, so it wouldnt be too hard to release...

Hard to believe it only lasted 2 seasons... Seems longer...

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
This was originally a Filmways production, so MGM would own this through their acquisition of the Orion/Filmways library.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Supposedly MGM is releasing "Green Acres," also a Filmways product, so apparently they're considering what's viable from that catalog.

I'd love "The Addams Family." :D

Jo_C

Second Unit
Actually,

Republic currently owns the video rights as WorldVision Enterprises (both Republic and WorldVision are Spelling/Viacom companies) had a stake in the worldwide syndication rights. Artisan would be the distributor since they currently have an output deal with Republic for another two years.

MGM now owns domestic syndication rights (unless another company got a hold of them).

Speaking of Filmways, "Mr. Ed" is now airing on TV Land, but there was no Orion or MGM logo at the end, which would indicate the show is either in the public domain or another company (such as Paul Brownstein Productions Entertainment) now holds the rights.

Go figure.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Damn! you know we'll never see it if Artisan owns it.

Ive always enjoyed THE ADDAMS FAMILY-more so than MUNSTERS-there was a sparkling wit and an undercurrent of x-rated passion in this show-and the 2 so obviously cared for each other-and ALL menbers of the household;

Memorable line that cracked me up as a yung'un:

(Caller)"But Mr. Addams-we've looked all over the country for that painting you wanted-"

(Gomez)"Hmmmm....well, OK-better look in the city, too!"

There were elements of Groucho Marx in Astin's character, along with that sly, sh*t-eating grin of his...

:D :D :D

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
I know just what you mean Mark.

Carolyn Jones in that form-fitting dress! Always so cool and canny. My favorite joke was her, "Mind if I smoke?" That Angelica Houston followed Jones' lead in performance is a testament to Jones' skill in creating Morticia.

I grow carnivorous plants as a hobby so The Addams Family holds a special place in my heart.

John Astin, Jackie Coogan, Ted Cassidy-- they were all great.

Now I have to go home and read The Ghastlycrumb Tinies...

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Quote...Malcolm R Supposedly MGM is releasing "Green Acres," also a Filmways product, so apparently they're considering what's viable from that catalog.

WHEN???!??? No firm release date announced.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ugh, I was kinda hoping everyone had forgotten that thread! :b

Yeah, I know...I was just relaying a prediction from someone else on another board. And it was all pretty accurate...right up until Mr. Ed and Green Acres! :eek:

Chitty Chitty - SE turned out to be Nov. 25th instead of Nov. 4th, so perhaps these TV box sets are just delayed until Dec. or Jan. to spread things around. Gord has heard rumblings to that effect, anyway, but nothing official enough to post a news bulletin about.

Believe me, I'm keeping my eyes peeled on that one every day now. If I find out something definate, I will put up a bulletin so fast it will make your head spin.

At least Escape From New York fans are getting their SE about a week-and-a-half earlier than EvilPez4's crystal ball said they would! :emoji_thumbsup: Now if I can just get my Green Acres and my Mr. Ed, I'll be happy...

Oh, as for Addams Family: I haven't heard a single whisper about it. I would dearly love to get it, and would be even more eager for it than the other two!!

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
It seems like something happened to their November catalog release slate. Maybe switching the James Bond films into November pushed most of their planned November product to another month.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would imagine with the sheer number of releases all trying to be scheduled into Nov/Dec, there must be some issues with replication plant capacity? Some studios are probably having to pick-and-choose which titles they really, really want out before Christmas.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm, that's been an issue every Christmas for the past 3 years. One would think that this would be taken into account by now.

One would think so, anyway... :D

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
I want this show too!

It will be nice if we ever get the:

- Addams Family, The (1964-1966) (series) - I Never saw it, but I'd like!
- Addams Family, The (1973-1975) (Toon) - I Never saw it, but I'd like!
- Halloween with the New Addams Family (1977) (TV Movie) - Seen one time, it was pretty good!
- Addams Family, The (1992-1995) (New Toons) - Not so bad! I have the complete season in VHS.
- Addams Family Reunion (1998) - Okay, I don't want it! The VHS is enough for me! :thumbsdown: :D
- New Addams Family, The (1998-1999) (New Series) - Not so bad! I have the complete season in VHS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks